Monday, November 2, 2009

Blood Test Results Are In - The Procrit is Working!!

Steve has been feeling a lot better  The Procrit is working his RBC count (3.52), WBC count (3.8) and Hemoglobin (12) have all increased. And we've been getting along just like we did before the treatment.  No more fighting over nothing.  I am so happy.  I feel like I have my husband back.

He feels bad about how irritable he was, but we both realize that is quite common and a side effect of the treatment.  He was reading some blogs on Janis and Friends that he could really relate to.  He told me that a lot of bloggers on treatment were talking about how they were fighting with their spouses over nothing but couldn't stop themselves.

Steve is going for his stress test (and echocardiagram) on Wednesday.  If all goes well, he will be resuming the Triple Therapy with the addition of Procrit

It has been a long hard road for him, but he definitely wants to continue the treatment (which makes me very happy)!

No comments: