Thursday, October 15, 2009

Day 2 - Off Treatment (Temporarily?)

I can't even begin to tell you how I feel right now.  The whole idea of my husband not being on treatment is surreal.  I feel like I dreamt that we went to the doctor, and I'm waiting to wake up. 

Quite honestly, I know that right now my husband dreads the mere thought of going back on the treatment.  It took everything out of him.  I only hope that these feelings will pass.  I know he had a really hard time.  Words can't even describe how he felt.  At times, he literally thought he might be dying.  And still I can't help but feel it might be the only hope for us to have a future together.

Which is why I cried today when I saw the comment that Sheba left for me.  She understands my hope and my fear.  I read it to my husband.  I just hope her words run through his mind if he gets the option to go back on treatment.

Thank you Sheba.

No comments: