Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Getting the Runaround with Health Insurance

Well I started my new job last week. They gave us a brochure with all the info on health benefits. The only thing it lacked was the copay amount for level four drugs-- which includes all the drugs my husband is currently taking for the Hep C Triple Therapy. So I called the insurance company, their rep told me to ask my personnel representative. The personnel rep told me to call the insurance company.

In addition, all of the drugs (Alinia, Pegasys, and the RibaPak) require preauthorization. So I am going to have to try to get my husband's doctor involved to see if he can get Steve pre-authorized before I change insurance.

I can't ( I won't ) change insurance until I know that my husband will be able to continue treatment. It's just very frustrating going through the process. You ask all the right questions, but no one has any answers nor do they care.

No comments: