Friday, July 24, 2009

Let Your Body Be Your Guide

Steve's trying really hard to keep up with his life. But his routine, however simple it is, is stripping him of all of his energy. He has been trying to fight it, but today he realized that he has to stop pushing himself.

We were running errands this morning-- nothing strenuous. First we dropped off our dogs at the groomer. Then we went and got something to eat, because he was feeling pretty nauseous. After that, we went to the library. As soon as we walked through the door, Steve started feeling dizzy, became short of breath, and had to sit down. So I got my books quickly, and we left.

On the way home, he said to me, "I have to start listening to my body. I've been trying to fight it, and act like I'm not on treatment, but I am." When we got home, he got into bed and went to sleep.

Tonight he told me that he realized if doesn't give in to his body, the treatment is going to over power him. If he wants to stay on the treatment, and rid himself of the hep c, he has to listen and give his body what it needs.

No comments: